This year I have decided is going to be the year that I stop talking about making changes and start doing it! There's a number of things that I need to do to my house and now that I will have the time and (hopefully) the means to make those changes I really want to do it. The goal is to always take as much of the "trailer" factor out of my house as possible.
So here's the short list:
1. Reface the cabinets! My Dad and I have the idea to make these less than standard cabinets look like shaker style cabinets by simply trimming them out.
2. One thing that definitely has to be done is replacing the counter tops. Last year I painted them this dark brown color and so far that has held up really well. However the counters themselves are done for. They are blown out underneath and are no longer supporting the dishwasher = leaks. Bad.
3. As a bonus though I do have a new, taller, faucet for the kitchen! Got it on sale for $30.00. Not fancy but wayyy more functional!
4. This exterior back door craziness still needs to be fixed. I'm going to get a new back door that will actually open and close with the dryer by it and make a much safer stair set up.
Ewwwww. Dumpy. I also have to replace the gutters on the front of the house.
5. Easiest one on the list is upgrading the paint colors in the living room. Still want to do the white ceiling and update the color. No more peanut butter walls!
6. This is the best picture that I have but I do hope to upgrade all the doors in the house. Luckily there are only 4 doors that need to be replaced so that won't be too bad. These ones are falling apart and well... UGLY.
Hopefully this year will be a great year for my little house! I am going to be getting a new computer so I can blog more also. Yay!