It has been so long since I posted! The end of the year is such a busy crazy time for a teacher, especially a first year! But now it is officially summer (6 weeks of paid vacation!) and I have finally the time and energy to get things done. So I have made a simple list of things that have to get done. Mostly things I've put off for about five years. No rush right?
First things first: I need paint this outdated light fixture and make the light actually work. It has worked since 2009, whoops.
2. I started this project last summer. I think I should probably go ahead and like... I dunno... finish painting the beam...
3. My bedroom needs to have all the trim updated and painted out. It looks so tacky being the outdated 80s faux wood.
4. On that same note... I should probably install the trim I bought for the door in March.
5. Oh and this other randomly not updated light fixture in the master bath. Should do that too.
6. I exploded a bottle of nail polish on my wall... my favorite new color. :( I need to repaint the wall and the trim.
7. Within the next couple weeks I am going to replace these doors just like I did with the master bedroom, that is going to be fabulous! Fully updated trim and doors! Amazing! Fully updated and no more ugly wood!
8. I am also thinking about replacing this door to make it coordinate with the others in the house, though it is in the best shape of all, so it might be one I can postpone for a bit.
9. New backdoor! That is actually happening this week! Finally. It is going to be great to have a secondary entrance that is fully functional and safe.
10. Though it is hard to see... I am also getting new gutters this week! Super expensive... but it will be nice to have a fully functional system on the house. Then I can actually repaint the porch and beams without losing all progress from rain the next day.
Operation Get-er-Done has officially begun! Here's to an excellent summer. :)