I love the updates that I showed you last week, so I figured I should continue that trend into the front of the house. This post is a bit picture heavy but that's because the front of my yard is a lot larger and I like to focus on the curb appeal, I will let them speak for themselves. The first five are the "before" pictures this year, and the rest are after the new paint job and accessorizing:
Sebastian had to stay inside because he was barky, he still tried to keep an eye on things.
Ready for the after? Here you go!
- Repaint peeling paint
- Clean the steps
- Replace old ramp with new steps
- Plant flowers
- Repaint from doors and posts
- Organize seating for max functionality
- Large lattice rug, clearance $7.48 at Target
- "Welcome" mat, Target
- Lanterns, Homegoods and IKEA
- Pillows, handmade by mama
- Assorted flowers, local Bookcliff Gardens shop
- Brown furniture, free from friend spray painted with "Espresso" Rustoleum
- Compass art, clearance $14.38 at Target
- Blue lawn chairs, free from mama, she found them in the trash.
What do you think of the front porch? I'm totally digging the new rug! Especially since it was dramatically cheaper than replacing all the carpeting on the front, though that does definitely still need to be done. Maybe next year.